Hello world! I’m Simon Lim, a front-end web developer and designer.
Here are my latest works.
A startup I co-founded that gives rewards to students for locking their phones in class. All designs, from mockup to UX, is by me.
UI Dev. & Design
My work with an English learning platform startup that provides English lessons from professional native-speaking teachers all over the world.
Here are some of my other works.
UI Dev. & Design
Has an extensive background in different mediums of design.
Strong skill in developing clear and precise interfaces with usability in mind for web platforms with wide userbases. Designs webpages that highlight the best features of brands and products in rich detail.
Familiar with UI/UX best practices, responsive design, UI frameworks, web animation, styleguides, cross-browser compatibility, and UI testing. Values clear communication, social, and thrives in a team setting.
Based in Manila. Learns puzzles, and can solve a Rubik's cube in an average of 10 seconds. Loves to watch films and does street & travel photography.
Ruby on Rails
Adobe After Effects
UI / Front-end Web Developer & Designer
- >Creating high-fidelity mockups for new sections, features and pages, and facilitating discussions about product changes with the entire team
- >Collaborated with other departments for needed features, and designed them with the best of usability, scalability and development efficiency in mind. Then relaying the plan to the development team
- >Developed UI and front-end features with HAML/SCSS/Bootstrap for most features, with all the UI modern standards for responsiveness and cross browser testing, and multilingual support
- >Developed some backend features and fixes with Ruby on Rails
Co-founder, Product & Design Manager
- >Conceptualized the entire app design and most of the features’ behaviors and use cases, created high-fidelity mockups for all screens of the app
- >Designed the logo and identity of the app, and determining how the brand should be presented across different formats and presentations as we make them, making sure there is consistency in look, feel and direction
- >Facilitated discussions with other partners to gather thoughts and ideas for the app
- >Managed the development team, and discussed our main objectives and priorities. Also communicated to ensure features were developed exactly as designed
- >Created various graphic designs, collateral designs for social media marketing, printouts, and such
Partner, Videographer & Post-Production Editor
- >As a Videographer, has shot for various personal events, corporate events, and video productions
- >Did the editing for live footage videos in Highlights length and also Fully Authored length, and also handled post-processing graphics for projects that needed extra video effects, opening billboards
- >Worked on storyboarding and scene planning with the team, discussing concepts on how to convey the message/idea of the project’s goals
- >Helped bring in new clients by reaching out and proposing projects to various companies
Web Developer & Graphic Designer
- >Redesigned product packages to help improve product usability and user-friendliness; made product designs more relatable and understandable to consumers
- >Created various graphic designs, brand designs and other collaterals that pushed forward old brands and shaped better identities for them
- >Redesigned and redeveloped the company website
- >Proposed and initially led an opportunity to expand online sales to a mainstream local shopping website
- >Facilitated trainings for two other co-workers on how to do product photography and photo editing, what the workflow should be